Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Cabins

It all started with Lauren's Improv Studio at Harper's. Checkout the great gallery of modern log cabins she showed us at the start of class for inspiration (warning, you may become obsessed with making log cabin blocks after viewing these). I spent the rest of the night making a log cabin block for the back of my rainbow quilt. When I made the back, I thought, "this design needs to be a quilt front." So, using summery fabrics, I made this baby quilt and matching doll quilt (because something this cute needs to have a tiny version too).Isn't the duck print fun? It's from Red Letter Day by Lizzy House. The yellow solid is Kona Maize, and the binding is the, sadly, out of print, Meadowsweet stripe by Sandi Henderson.The baby quilt is in my shop. I may or may not have plans for a boy log cabin quilt. They are really fun to make.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks looooovely! Great colors, so happy and fresh!

tabbiegirl said...

Adorable - I see one of these quilts in my future!

Karen said...

They look adorable! I love the log cabin amidst the solid.