Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wonky Zigzag Pillow Tutorial

I used my happy stack to make this wonky zigzag pillow.It is made from a simple, improvisational block, arranged together to create a wonky zigzag shape. I’ve combined purple, pink, and orange fabrics with Kona medium gray for a fresh, modern feel. It is backed and bound with fabrics from Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley line. The striped binding fabric actually inspired the whole color combo.You can find other wonky zigzag quilts on flickr. Tong created a lovely one using solids for the Robert Kaufman challenge, and Emily designed a gray and green pillow that inspired mine. You can easily use charm packs and/or jelly roll strips to make these blocks. They are also a great way to feature your favorite scraps!

Want to make your own wonky zigzag? I created a tutorial for this pillow, which you can find here:
Wonky Zigzag Pillow Tutorial

But if you just love this one, it is listed in my shop!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Very cute pillow!!!

Katie B said...

I love the wonky zigzag! Tutorial bookmarked!

Carla said...

Very fun pillow design and color combo, Alex! I'm going to check out the tute now. Thanks.

Sharon said...

Love those colors! Very cute idea.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

such a cute look. I love the quilting too!

Lynette said...

Totally COOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the gray so much! And the quilting!

I am new to etsy, love your store though!

CitricSugar said...

I love this pillow. And the zigzag, which seems so much more exciting than a regular old chevron... Delightful!

Franziska said...

I really like the pillow. I don't have a scribd or facebook account so unfortunately I cannot download the tutorial. :/ But thanks for sharing anyway.

teaginny said...

Hi Franzi. You shouldn't have to have one of those accounts to view the tutorial, but me know if you need me to, and I can email you a copy.