Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Sunshine

The masculine version of Summer Sorbet is done.
I'm calling it Summer Sunshine because it has so many summer delights - tadpoles in jars, VW vans camping, a cotton candy vendor, your favorite tricycle and more. These are all prints by Heather Ross - super hard to find and so unique.
I finished this quilt with a new to me technique - faux piped binding. The tutorial was great. This type of binding is finished by machine, so while it was a little fiddly, it did end up being a bit quicker than doing a traditional finish by hand.I love that it allows you to use two fabrics for the binding! I think it adds a really fun detail to this happy quilt. The backing is a simple, linear print that includes many of the colors from the front of the quilt.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! I really love this quilt! It's beautiful!

Auntjune said...

That's a beautiful quilt! And thanks for the link to that tutorial- the binding looks great and I have been trying to find a more fool-proof method of doing machine sewn binding... who knows, I might even be able to finish something before Thursday's meeting! (No, I will not be able to. But I can dream?)

Trisha said...

Beautiful quilt! I am so glad you tried the piped binding and that it worked out so well. It looks wonderful!

Tong said...

love this quilt, it's beautiful!!!

Angela Walters said...

Wow! You get so much stuff done, I love the quilt, super cute

Katie B said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the effect of the binding.

Molly said...

I found your quilt on flickr today and I just love it! It makes me smile :)

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

What a fun quilt! I loved how the binding turned out...great color choices!

Gigi's Thimble said...

I love this quilt. All of the white really sets the stars off. It's beautiful!

P.S. Found you through Moda Bakeshop (a fellow quilter & chef!) Congrats!