Monday, November 8, 2010

True Colors

This is for my darling nephew - can't wait to meet him soon.He'll be just the right age at Christmas to start learning his colors and begin chewing on books. This fabric book should fit the bill nicely on both counts.
I've made one before, but this time decided to wing it. I think that worked out fine, luckily. I made a page for each color, and pieced an improv log cabin around a white piece of fabric with the name of the color printed on it. This is a great scrap project.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great! Do you print the fabric in your printer??

Trisha said...

What a great idea! I just love it!

Vicki said...

it's cute! and such a great idea.

Melissa said...

I love this! Curious about how you "bound" your pages together. Were they long two page spreads and you just stacked them up and sewed down the center or were they individual blocks/pages?