Monday, November 29, 2010

Handmade Christmas Countdown Begins

26 days until Christmas, and the pace of making Christmas gifts will need to increase to get everything done in time. Yes, I started back in the summer, but there is still a lot to do! I finished up two gifts over the weekend. Both were requests of things I have made before, which is always a good feeling.

First is a camera wristlet. Really it can be used for anything small - a license, keys, lipstick and a credit card, or a phone. It has a Velcro closed main compartment, and a small back pocket which is big enough for a credit card or tickets. The clever part of the design is the interlocking straps which keep the contents secure and make the case easy to hang on your wrist. The pattern is by Keyka Lou, and it is very easy to follow. There are two already made and in my shop, if this looks like just the thing you need for someone on your list!
This was a request from my best friend. She has a summery one and requested one to use with dressier clothes. The outer fabric is damask by Michael Miller.
My second finish was a monogram pillow, specially requested for a certain gentleman. I've made a number of these before - the felt makes the applique a snap and they turn out super comfy to use, especially in winter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you! I have about 5 or 6 things I still have to make, and then I'm done! I only have one more gift to purchase. It's lovely to know that we're so organised by this stage!

Katherine said...

Beautiful.
Good luck with your list!

Trisha said...

Wow, great gifts! Both sophisticated. Anyone would be happy to receive those!

Julie said...

absolutely love the wristlet design! it's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Both are lovely, but what I really love, but can hardly see is that beautiful quilt behind the pillow! Can you post a picture of the complete quilt? Thanks.

teaginny said...

Thank you! There is a whole post on the quilt. You can find it here :).
http://teaginnydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-bee-quilt.html