Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gifts for Boys

Here are a couple of projects I've whipped up for my little guys. I've been meaning to make these snack sacks for a while. The tutorial is simple and these are really quick to make. Who doesn't need reusable sacks too? I'm hoping they will be quieter than ziplocks (rustle, rustle) for church-time cheerios, etc.
This color book for toddlers also comes from a great tutorial. Actually reading and following the tutorial would be a good idea. You'll probably get better results than I did :).Here's what a couple of the pages look like.

3 comments:

Shay said...

I'm loving the colour book! it's just gone into my "Must Do" file for my grandson.

Everytime I peek at your blog I find something else to make!

Counting Coconuts said...

These are FANTASTIC!! Do you think they could be made by hand? I'm new to sewing and have a fear of sewing machines. :)

teaginny said...

Thanks FairyBread!
Mari-Ann, I'm sure you could make them by hand. These are all made with just straight seams. It would just take a lot longer, obviously :). I took a class that was offered with my new sewing machine when I bought it. That really helped me feel comfortable with it. They teach you how to load the thread, etc. Good luck!