Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pieced Vehicles, Improv Style - Ambulance

I've had many questions about how I pieced the vehicles for this quilt. No, I didn't use paper piecing, and no, I didn't use a pattern. I'm not making a pattern either :). I used improvisational piecing to make them, which is a method. There are lot of great tutorials out there for houses and trees. I'll share a couple of tutes with you for various vehicles I included in my son's quilt.

Whitney, these are for you!

Today, the ambulance block.

Ambulance Tutorial




6 comments:

Katie B said...

Thanks so much for sharing your technique! I'd love to make a quilt like yours for my son.

punkin said...

Thank you so much....can't wait to try this!! My little boy would love this and will have to start making him some.....thanks again. I LOVE THESE!!!

Kelly O. said...

thank you for sharing! you are so generous!

CitricSugar said...

This is awesome - thanks for sharing your technique! I had spent a few hours last year wondering how you put those blocks together... Great process!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

Yeah! I am not sure if my skills are ready for this yet, but I am definitely filing this away. Thanks so much for sharing!

Julie said...

OH I LOVE YOU!!!! Ever since I ran across your improv pieced truck quilt I have been patiently waiting for you to post the tutorials. I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw this..
thanks so much for sharing
julie