Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out for a Walk - Finishing, Option 2

For my second Out for a Walk quilt, Iwanted a softer feel for the quilting, in contrast to the straight lines of the first quilt. I saw a great technique on Jacquie's blog a while back I wanted to try. It is a stitch on my machine, and I changed it slightly by increasing the stitch width to the max, giving me this fun allover wave effect.
For the back I chose to use Kona white with three funky, off centered dog squares bordered in a print from Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow. I used the same print for the binding.

Check out the previous post for a tutorial for this quilt. I think this one is my favorite of the two, but I love them both!

6 comments:

Katie B said...

I love it! Do you have a direct link to Jackie's tutorial? I can't seem to find it on her blog. The quilting looks AWESOME!

punkin said...

Love the quilt...evrything looks great. It is nice to see boy colors. I am having such a hard time finding boy colors....everthing is so girly!!!

chris baker said...

absolutely adorable! love all the patterns you chose, they blend perfectly.

CitricSugar said...

I have questions about that technique, too! Wow - I love how the stitches contrast with the straight lines. Did you use a zigzag stitch?

Katie B said...

Thanks for posting that direct link! It really gives such a cool effect.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Love that all of the center squares are "the same." great quilting as well!