Monday, April 19, 2010

Out for a Walk

Here is the pieced top for the doggy quilt for my new nephew. I'm calling it Out for a Walk. I enjoyed making it so much, I actually made two! You can make this simple, fun quilt too using my tutorial.
Tutorial










I'd love some feedback, so please let me know of any points which are unclear. Oooh, and I'd love to see pictures if you make one of your own. I think these off center squares would work well with a variety of feature fabrics.
I'll be posting pictures of two options for quilting, backing and binding soon. I'll also show you a great way to use your scraps from this project for a coordinating pillow!

8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

I just read it and it looks really well put together. No questions over here. Thanks!

Angela W said...

Great quilt and tutorial. You are so talented!

ilovebabyquilts said...

Such a cute title for the quilt!

Marg said...

Just read the tutorial and it looks great. I love the colour combination you have used in this quilt. Lovely design! Thanks for the tutorial.

Leanne said...

thanks so much for the tutorial - it looks great!

Bellgirl said...

Another wonderful quilt! Badskirt gave me some of this precious dog fabric, and I've been looking for a way to feature it in a quilt, and here it is! Thanks :)

Bellgirl said...

I've done my squares now and it's going wonderfully well! Did you ever do the tutorial you mentioned for the coordination pillow?

Bellgirl said...

Hi again Teaginny, I've finished my quilt! The tutorial was excellent, and I've blogged it here: http://bellgirl.com.au/2011/01/scrappy-puppy-quilt.html