Tuesday, April 20, 2010

String Pieced Pillow

If you've taken a look at the tutorial for Out for a Walk, you know I called for some serious trimming of centered, square in a square blocks to make them into off center squares (honestly, this is because I hate to measure lot of little pieces - I'd much rather trim a block to make it perfect - but if you don't mind measuring, you can always check out the Sparks Baby Quilt). Many of you may have cringed at the waste. Don't worry, none of those strips need to be wasted! I saw Elizabeth Hartman's spider web block over at Sew Mama Sew, and knew it was the perfect use for the leftover strips from Out for a Walk.And now you've got a coordinating pillow! I actually think I love the pillow even more than the quilt.

My favorite part of this pillow can best be seen before the pillow was put together. I am so excited about the quilting I was able to do, with just a walking foot and free hand curves.

Update: it is now available in my etsy shop.

2 comments:

Angela said...

very cute...what a great way to use extra scraps!

laura capello said...

love this so very much!