Monday, October 22, 2018

Tara's Shattered Chevrons Bed Runner

It's so fun to be able to share a completely different take on the same pattern as the last post: the Shattered Chevrons pattern from Improvising Tradition. Tara of Quilter's Stash, made this lovely bed runner version. I think the chevron design is so effective in this long, thin arrangement.

I also love the fabrics Tara chose. This isn't a color scheme I have ever used, but I think I will. It feels autumnal, but I think it will work throughout the year too.

The quilting is fabulous as well!


Thanks so much letting me share your work Tara!


2 comments:

Kelly O. said...

Tara is a friend of mine IRL and this piece is the one she was working on when I first started in the Niagara Modern Quilt Guild. It turned out beautifully! way to go Tara!

FlourishingPalms said...

This is such a neat bed runner. Makes me wish I needed one for the foot of the bed! But, it would fight with the design of the quilts on those beds. Still, it's great to see that your book is inspiring others to create modern. I'm such a fan of designs like this, and the one in your last post. Good stuff!