Monday, June 16, 2014

Spears Runner

 

This earthy color palette and graphic, geometric pattern was inspired by a laundry basket I found on pinterest, of all things.  I love the simplicity of the design, and the spear shape really appeals to me.  I learned a few things about half rectangle triangles while making it, let me tell you.  We are not close. But they are so pretty!


 
The table runner is quite generous at 22 x 65 inches.  It would be perfect on a large dining table, or over the end of a twin bed, as a bed runner.  You can find this runner in my etsy shop, which is now open again.  It is safe to say I will not be making this design again soon, so grab this one-of-a-kind piece while it is available.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree about the HSRs! I have one of my bees doing them, which has been my first experience with them. But they ARE lovely! And I really like your runner!

Kangastuksia said...

I like your table runner. Especially I like your triangles.

About your Etsy Shop url - it doesn't work. Fix it, please. :)

"
Uh oh!

There's something not quite right in the URL. Please check for any errors in the username and try again."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/teaginnydeisgns

teaginny said...

Oops. Thanks Kangastuksia. Correct link now.

Josée Carrier said...

I think I know which basket inspired you: http://www.fermlivingshop.com/products/spear-basket
It's been in one of my Pinterest board for a while now. It inspired me to do a table runner as well using HRTs: http://www.thecharmingneedle.com/2014/06/half-rectangle-triangle-tutorial-on-sew.html. The layout is quite different from the basket though. I really like your runner. Great color way. I definitely want to try making something along those line someday. It's quite funny that were are presenting those on the same day.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh I love this! It would be such a nice design as place mats too!