Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tallahassee Anna Pillow


After debating about what to add to my Tallahassee Anna blocks to create a larger quilt, I decided to go with what I already had and put them together to make a big pillow.  It's a little wild and larger than life, so I thought it would be perfect for Jenny who generously shared her Bohemian scraps with me. 
I quilted it simply by outlining the neutral pieces.
I didn't have a large enough piece of Boho for the back of the pillow, so I used another Anna Maria Horner print, this one from the Innocent Crush line.  I did have a long enough strip of Boho for the zipper flap.  Thanks to Jacquie for posting a link to this great tutorial on exactly the day I was trying to decide on a closure.  Seriously, this is the easiest way to add a zipper to a pillow!
This may be the only time I make a project with blue leopard print, so get a good look.

7 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Fabulous

Krista Schneider said...

oh i love it so much. gonna have to check out that zipper tutorial.

Sigrun said...

It is lovely!
Thanks for reminding me of this pattern :-)Definitely have to try it now.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Oh, this is gorgeous. Can you believe that I have been waiting to see what you would make with your tallahassee anna blocks since you first posted about them, way back when. I have even printed out the foundation piecing pattern so I can make some of my own. So happy to see this pillow!

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...

A gorgeous pillow! Love the zipper flap. It is both decorative and way easier than sewing it into the side seam!!

alidiza said...

This is fabulous... especially the leopard print;-)

MellieWo said...

You can't buy a pillow that looks as good as this one! I love the fabric choices and blocks!