Friday, April 23, 2010

Tickertape Doll Quilt

18 x 21"
Another fabulous use for scraps - even the tiniest - is this tickertape doll quilt. Amanda Jean has a tutorial over on Sew Mama Sew.
Just keep a basket on your cutting table and throw in tiny scraps as you work on other projects. When they've piled up, cut a front and back for your doll quilt and sandwich them with batting and pin baste. Then sew on your scraps as you have time here and there. In no time it's done. Very fun filler project. I used up a lot of scraps of my favorite fabrics, and I love how this turned out. I only used scraps in a few color families, but you could go completely scrappy.
The best part about this project is that when you're done piecing it, you're also done quilting it!

Want it to come live with you? It's in the shop.

Update: someone bought this within 2 hours of posting it - crazy. :)

5 comments:

Kelly O. said...

everytime I see this quilt in all it's takes and versions--I want to make one! but I need more scraps!

Angela said...

Fabulous, I love the idea of it. I am going to add this to the long list of things I want to make. Your stuff is always inspiring!

Katie said...

I think this is the most adorable thing I have seen in a long time :) I can't wait to try it. Just wanted to let you know that your blog is always an inspiration to me to keep crafting!

Katie
moremisadventures.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

It's so pretty! I'm glad it sold quickly for you!

Suzanne said...

I love this! One day I'll try a ticker tape quilt...