Monday, September 19, 2011

Four Square Quilt

My obsession with log cabins continues.  It was only fueled by the fantastic talk Susan Beal did on the subject at our last guild meeting.  I really had fun with negative space in this one, filling it up with a squared off free motion design.
The colors seem autumnal paired with the neutral grays, making me think of foggy mornings and changing leaves, so I'm linking up to Celebrate Color which is all about the colors of fall.

 I love the backing fabric.  It is Juicy Blossom, Spots on Pewter, and it is so soft - just right for a solid back.
This quilt finished at 48 x 53.

10 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Oh, did that ever turn out lovely! I'm going to try and track down some of thtat backing fabric, too...

Debbie said...

great little quilt!

tabbiegirl said...

This is beautiful - the colours are great!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Yeah, great job! I'm so glad to see this pop up. Love it!

Julie said...

this is so gorgeous!

**nicke... said...

so simple and so beautiful!

Jessica said...

wow, I love everything about this! I will have to try that fabulous quilting pattern

Jolene said...

Just love everything about this one.

Heather D. said...

Just found your blog through another blog - can't wait to read some more. Your photos are just beautiful.

Heather

Kelli said...

I love it! I have trouble with negative space...I always want to fill it. Great job. Absolutely lovely.