Monday, July 26, 2010

Tickertape Doll Quilt #3

I wanted to try a slightly edgier color scheme for my most recent tickertape doll quilt (for more info on this type of quilt see my previous post). I saw this on flickr using green, gray, and pink. I added some aqua and - perfect! I used a light gray for the backround on the front and charcoal for the back.
I love how the lime binding looks against the dark gray. All these tickertape quilts have lead to a slight problem, however. I can't get rid of the tiniest scraps, because I know, of course, they could be made into a tickertape! They are beginning to take over. Want to try making a tickertape yourself, but don't have a variety of scraps to use or perhaps you don't want to cut tons of tiny rectangles and squares out of larger scraps? You are welcome to the mine - just the be the first to ask in the comments and I'll send them to you. *Update: the scraps have been claimed :).

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I would love your scraps! I don't have enough for this project I am doing.

teaginny said...

Laurie, now they are teeny - just 1or 2 inches square. Still want them - email me with your info teaginny at gmail dot com

Katie B. said...

This is beautiful!

teaginny said...

Laurie's going to pass, so the scraps are still available, if anyone's interested.

Heari said...

hi i am interested in your scraps if they are still available. my email is heari.kam@gmail.com thanks! your quilts are amazing!

I am Just One Mom said...

Your Ticker Tape quilts are marvelous. I rather love them as well. So for each quilt I make, I make a personalized Ticker Tape wall hanging art quilt. It helps document the occasion/reason for the quilt.
Thank you for sharing your talents. You have motivated me to take some pics of my work and post them.

Scott and Ashley said...

Hey Teaginny! I was wondering, for this project do you know any of the fabric names? I LOVE IT!!!! And would love to make something very similar for my baby that is due soon, no blankets for him so far and I love all the greys, blues, and greens that you used. I have found some of them online, but I would like to see if I could find more. Please help!
Thanks! Ashley