Monday, July 26, 2010

Tickertape Doll Quilt #3

I wanted to try a slightly edgier color scheme for my most recent tickertape doll quilt (for more info on this type of quilt see my previous post). I saw this on flickr using green, gray, and pink. I added some aqua and - perfect! I used a light gray for the backround on the front and charcoal for the back.
I love how the lime binding looks against the dark gray. All these tickertape quilts have lead to a slight problem, however. I can't get rid of the tiniest scraps, because I know, of course, they could be made into a tickertape! They are beginning to take over. Want to try making a tickertape yourself, but don't have a variety of scraps to use or perhaps you don't want to cut tons of tiny rectangles and squares out of larger scraps? You are welcome to the mine - just the be the first to ask in the comments and I'll send them to you. *Update: the scraps have been claimed :).

7 comments:

Dresden Lane said...

I would love your scraps! I don't have enough for this project I am doing.

teaginny said...

Laurie, now they are teeny - just 1or 2 inches square. Still want them - email me with your info teaginny at gmail dot com

Katie B said...

This is beautiful!

teaginny said...

Laurie's going to pass, so the scraps are still available, if anyone's interested.

love.sewn said...

hi i am interested in your scraps if they are still available. my email is heari.kam@gmail.com thanks! your quilts are amazing!

Karee said...

Your Ticker Tape quilts are marvelous. I rather love them as well. So for each quilt I make, I make a personalized Ticker Tape wall hanging art quilt. It helps document the occasion/reason for the quilt.
Thank you for sharing your talents. You have motivated me to take some pics of my work and post them.

Scott and Ashley said...

Hey Teaginny! I was wondering, for this project do you know any of the fabric names? I LOVE IT!!!! And would love to make something very similar for my baby that is due soon, no blankets for him so far and I love all the greys, blues, and greens that you used. I have found some of them online, but I would like to see if I could find more. Please help!
Thanks! Ashley