Sunday, July 4, 2010

Guild Charity Project

My quilt guild, the KCMQG, is working on a charity project - 15-20 quilts for the NICU at a local hospital. I have two friends who are NICU nurses, and they have both said that there is always a need for handmade items for the tiny people they serve. In fact, there are never enough special things to go around. That, along with the fact that my younger son was in the NICU for two months after birth, makes me very excited to contribute to this project.

The assignments were color specific, and we were told to make square in a square or improvised log cabin blocks. I made two pink and green blocks using some great Hushabye and Full Moon Forest I was able to find (at Tula Pink's mom's store no less!!).

And here are the orange and blue blocks. I used up some of my Heather Ross scraps from past projects :).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job with these! It'll be fun to see what everyone's done at our next meeting. See you there!

Marg said...

Both sets of blocks are lovely. I always love your choice of colours and design. A lovely way to help out the tiny people at the NICU.

Vicki said...

Yay! They look great. Thanks so much for participating in this project!