Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Redbud Blossoms Quilt Top

The New Wave pattern by Oh Fransson is very simple and easy to follow, if you read the directions. Do read the directions, or you, like me, may sew the sashing on the wrong edge of half of the blocks and have to rip them all out again. I persevered nonetheless, and here's the finished top. That makes three completed tops in my closet now though, so I'm determined to get at least one completely quilted and bound before moving on to the three new projects I'm already collecting fabric for. It's like a sickness!
I also made another potholder for the swap tomorrow. It is inspired by these by Amy. Super modern and fun to make. The grommet went in much more smoothly this time, although, alas, it is backwards. Maybe on my third attempt I'll get it right.

10 comments:

Alecia said...

lovely! what is that gray dandelion-ish print you focus on in the second image? i would LOVE to know!

Marg said...

Another beautiful quilt top. I love your choice of fabrics. I too, would like to know what the grey print is in the second photo.

teaginny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teaginny said...

I love that print too. It is called wishing flowers in gray and is part of the Andrea Victoria line. I got mine at Hawthorne Threads.

Mandy Noble said...

Beautiful! I fancy making one of these.

Anna said...

Your quilt top looks amazing...and ANOTHER great potholder! I need to make a potholder for a swap at my modern quilt guild meeting in two weeks and yours have definitely inspired me.

Trisha said...

Love your New Wave quilt. That is such a fun pattern. I might just make another one. Did you use the Fat Cat ruler she recommended? I might have to get one for the next time I make that pattern. Your potholder looks awesome!

Chelsea said...

I love that quilt!

Patchwork Architect said...

wow! What is that grey fabric in the middle. So pretty...wait someone else asked. I will see if there is an answer.

Amy Friend said...

So glad you were inspired by my potholders!