Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finish One, Start Two

I finished a project, so that means I get to start a new one, right? Or two? Here are some maverick stars I've made with fussy cut munki munki centers. Certainly not an original idea, as you can find some on flickr, made by Heather Ross nuts. Super fun though, and I'm planning on making a boy and a girl quilt in this fashion. So far I have nine "boy" blocks done, so just three to go on that quilt.
It's been fun to play with the small pieces of munki munki and other Heather Ross prints I have acquired. I've vowed not to get too hung up on out of print fabrics though - there is just too much beautiful new stuff coming out at every market to pay exorbitant prices for rare fabrics.

There is just nothing out there like munki munki though. Hopefully these quilts will get it out of my system! :)

5 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

I was thinking these would look sooo good as wonky stars, and they do! I hope you do a whole quilt with them because it will be so flippin cute!

Vicki said...

Awesome stars!

Trisha said...

Very cute! I love the look of maverick stars. They twinkle.

Unknown said...

I have some Heather Ross just waiting for it's position in a quilt! Love these blocks.

Dresden Lane said...

Good for you not getting swept into the "OOP" "HTF" $45 per fat quarter madness! I was joking the other day with friends that people would love it if Heather Ross drew a toilet! With so many new things coming out, I don't know why people get so caught up in that craziness.