Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Quilted Pillow Times Four

I had so much fun making these quilted pillow covers. I chose some of my favorite shots cottons to create simple square in a square pillow tops. Then I went to town trying new free motion quilting designs from Christina Cameli's Step-By-Step Free-Motion Quilting book. The designs are called Portholes, Leafy, Flourish, and Spectrum.  This is Flourish, a fluid variation on a simple paisley design.
I think I've found my favorite methods of pillow backing this time. I used fusible fleece to interface the backing and closed the pillow with a lapped zipper. The result is sturdy and polished.
I've listed the pillow covers in my etsy shop. Here's a tip for puffy, full pillows. Use a pillow form, feather preferably, that is slightly larger than your cover. These covers are 18", and I used a 20" form.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Alex, I think it's time for new glasses. I read "leather pillow form" and then leaned into the screen to double check what I thought I saw :) I love your pillows--your choice of colors on each one is great and I love look of shot cottons. Your quilting--amazing! Quick question--what weights of fusible fleece and batting did you use?

Lori said...

These are great pillows!

Unknown said...

Nice pillow cover designs. I love the patterns. Where can I find this type of pillow covers?