Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Quilted Pillow Times Four

I had so much fun making these quilted pillow covers. I chose some of my favorite shots cottons to create simple square in a square pillow tops. Then I went to town trying new free motion quilting designs from Christina Cameli's Step-By-Step Free-Motion Quilting book. The designs are called Portholes, Leafy, Flourish, and Spectrum.  This is Flourish, a fluid variation on a simple paisley design.
I think I've found my favorite methods of pillow backing this time. I used fusible fleece to interface the backing and closed the pillow with a lapped zipper. The result is sturdy and polished.
I've listed the pillow covers in my etsy shop. Here's a tip for puffy, full pillows. Use a pillow form, feather preferably, that is slightly larger than your cover. These covers are 18", and I used a 20" form.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Alex, I think it's time for new glasses. I read "leather pillow form" and then leaned into the screen to double check what I thought I saw :) I love your pillows--your choice of colors on each one is great and I love look of shot cottons. Your quilting--amazing! Quick question--what weights of fusible fleece and batting did you use?

Lori said...

These are great pillows!

Sarvesh Sarang said...

Nice pillow cover designs. I love the patterns. Where can I find this type of pillow covers?

Ruhi said...

You can buy from our large and diverse collection of salwar kameez, party wear suits, bollywood collection, cotton kurtis, Anarrkali suits,Bollywood saree and many other products.....
We Have Some For You In Your Budget
For more…
Pakistani Dress