Friday, July 18, 2014

Board Shorts Quilt

I'm excited to share some photos of a quilt of mine that appears in Stitch magazine. You can find the pattern for Board Shorts in the summer issue. It's a very simple quilt pattern, quick to piece, and perfect for beginners.
This twin sized quilt (70" x 87.5") was inspired by the striped board shorts surfers wear.  The Boys of Summer section of the magazine has some nice beachy, masculine projects including mine. 
I love the summery color palette.  All Kona cottons, I found all the colors I needed at Marmalade fabrics.  Thanks again to Tammy for letting me come over and try out a zillion combinations.  I love how she labels the Kona color names. So handy!
The quilting was done by Tia Curtis in an all over design.
The quilt is perfect for a twin bed, dorm room, or picnic blanket.  It is available now in my etsy shop.

 

9 comments:

Leanne said...

This is such a fun and juicy colour palette, perfect for summer.

Marg said...

Love the colours and the design. It's so bright and summery.

Anonymous said...

Great and bright, and definitely summery. I love blue and orange together, but I have rarely seen it done in a quilt until recently.

Debbie said...

Love the colors in this quilt!

SewPsyched! said...

I am so excited for you!!! And what a fun and colorful quilt :)

Krista Schneider said...

so bright and cheerful and simply beautiful. Nice job on the magazine!

FlourishingPalms said...

Simply stunning! Those colors are what make this so appealing. And that Tammy. She's a sweetie, and you're fortunate to have access to her and her shop.

cinzia said...

gorgeous quilt! fabulous colors. looks great on that bed!

cinzia said...

gorgeous quilt! fabulous colors. looks great on that bed!