Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Granny Squares

I told you recently that one of my new strategies for dealing with scraps is to cut most of them into strips and squares.  I used quite a few 2 1/2 inch squares in a bib set, but there were many leftover.  And then Jolene created a tutorial for her granny square quilt blocks.  Perfect!
I can't tell you how fun these are to make.  I'm not one for repetitive sewing, so these are great.  Each one uses different  fabrics, if you're going scrappy, in new combinations. 

These blocks, in happy spring-like colors, are my winter therapy for 2012, for sure.  I added some black to keep them from being too, too sweet, and I like the contrast it adds.

9 comments:

Heather D. said...

I love the granny squares block. Yours look great!

Sharon said...

I've been seeing this block all over bloglan. It is so cute!

Richard Healey said...

Love how the background is on those blocks I want to make a similar type quilt had to pin your blocks to give me ideas.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

I love those blocks !!! I am currently crocheting granny squares.I'm sure yours would be heaps faster to do. Mmmm, something to put on my to-do list.
Can't wait to see the whole thing together!!!

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

these look great! they are really cheery,

Debbie said...

totally lovely granny square blocks!!

Lizzy said...

Love these!

**nicke... said...

i love them. i am not a very proficient crocheter so these are right up my alley! i joined the flickr group. hoping to make a couple very soon!

Carla said...

I have this quilt on my "to do' list! Love your blocks.