Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Good Folks Baby Quilt

I finished up the baby quilt made from the trimmed HST from this quilt.  With the quilting, I emphasized the zigzag shape in the solid, and I tried a free motion design within the diamonds.
I love the colors against the gray and that I get to showcase every fabric from my treasured Good Folks collection in one place.
 
This was my first time binding a quilt with shot cotton, and it is perfect for binding - so lightweight and soft.  The color is Lipstick.
Another first for me with this quilt was a flannel backing.  For some reason I thought flannel would be hard to quilt, but it was no different than quilting cotton.  And it feels so great!  Very cuddly for this baby quilt.  It is another Anna Maria Horner fabric, from her Folksy Flannel line.  I really like how many of her fabrics, from various lines, coordinate well.
This baby quilt finished at 39 x 39.

20 comments:

Susan said...

This is a lovely quilt! The zig zag quilting is perfect!

felicity said...

Gorgeous! I love AMH fabrics - the flannel back looks soooo soft!

Mary Anne said...

Another lovely quilt finish! The gray on the front is so soothing...and the flannel on the back is so bright and fun. I love the contrast between the two.

Anonymous said...

OOoh, this is so pretty! I think your FMQ design is great and I love the flannel backing!!

Katie B said...

Oh, wow!!! This is gorgeous. Love the quilting!

Did you use batting when you backed the quilt with flannel?

Unknown said...

this is so pretty!
I just love Good Folks!!

Jessica said...

this is so gorgeous. seriously SO gorgeous!

Heather D. said...

Loooove this! It's perfect.

Molly said...

Loving this quilt! I'm always amazed at the versatility of HSTs. The quilting really sets of the diamonds. Perfect!

Alexis Deise said...

Beautiful! I love the quilting so much, and the backing is perfection.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

What beautiful quilting! You've outdone yourself with this one. Some baby is going to be very lucky.

Sharon said...

It's a beauty!

Kelly O. said...

I love this quilt so much I want to marry it! gorgeous!

**nicke... said...

it is so very pretty!

Molly said...

The good folks fabric looks great with the gray! Beautiful quilt.

Laura said...

This actually made me gasp with delight :)

Bailey said...

Beautiful - love the quilting!

Holly said...

What a lovely quilt! I just stumbled across your blog while searching for HST quilts tonight and I love your style! I've pinned a couple of your tutorials already and have added your blog to my modern quilting folder in google reader. Thanks!

Susana Neiger said...

Beautiful! I love that you made it from the trimmed pieces of another quilt. The background fabric really sets off the colors well!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt!d Love the colors and the way you quilted it!