Saturday, October 15, 2011

Roe Baby Quilt

I was commissioned to make a baby quilt for a new family.  The customer was kind enough to tell me specific things she liked about other quilts I have made, so what we came up with is mash up of some of my favorites, which is fun.
I used the color progression of this quilt, with the circular quilting of this quilt (which is actually the same type of quilting that Jolene used in the original quilt which inspired me).
 Finally, I included a personalized version of the pieced back in this quilt.
 
 And I got use my new tags by Gutentags!
 
It finished at a large crib quilt of 48 x 60, so it'll serve this baby for a long time.  I hope it's just what she wanted!

17 comments:

Heather D. said...

This is SO lovely. The colours, the piecing, the quilting. Your customer is going to love it!

CitricSugar said...

OOOOooooh, I'm a big fan of the quilting! The back turned out really nice.

Lovely quilt.

melissa said...

It is Gorgeous! Im sure it will be loved.

x

Katie B said...

So beautiful!

♥Duff said...

oh baby: It's a winner! You have a very intuitive eye for color and color progression!

Svetlana said...

That is one gorgeous quilt!

Jessica said...

WOW! I love everything about it. Fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely quilt. I love rainbow color quilts and have yet to make one. Definitely feeling inspired by yours. Love that circular quilting too. Great job all around!!!

Mary Anne said...

Very nice, Alex! You'll have a very happy customer!

**nicke... said...

very very pretty! jolene inspires me a lot too!

tusen said...

lovely, a feel good just looking at it.

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Beautiful work...love the design and the colours are lovely!
Hope you have a great week,
Susan x

Sharon said...

So gorgeous!

Laura T said...

I love the colors of this quilt - expecially for a baby. I really love your eye for color and how it flows together:) I will use this for inspiration and really like how you made your backing.
LauraT

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

It's all lovely, but that baby's name pieced on the back is a new idea to me. So special!

Alli said...

I love this! Scrappy rainbows are so happy. :)

Laura said...

Stunning! Great job!