Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reduce, Reuse

Contrary to what my most recent posts would suggest, I'm not much of one to go in for crafty swaps. But when it's my guild or a fantastic gal like Amy, who can say no? Amy has hosted a number of swaps called Potholder Pass on flickr, and when she invited me to join, I saw there was an option to make reusable grocery sacks.
This is so much cuter than the store bought ones, right? The pattern is by Keyka Lou, and it makes a great size. It is also reversible. I found all three fabrics at Joann's, believe it or not. Next time I try it, I'll use home dec weight fabric and interface the handles. Now I just need to stuff this bag with some extras and send it off to my secret swap partner.

6 comments:

Amy Friend said...

I'm so glad you joined! I love the bag.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I have a load of those boring store bought ones... maybe I should replace them with nice ones!

Anonymous said...

I love this and am using the same blue in my swap bag. So fun!

beth said...

super cute!

Svetlana said...

looks great, I love all the fabrics you used.

punkin said...

again love it!! I love you choice of fabric.