Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Neptune Quilt - pieced top

Here is the pieced top. I decided on a new layout, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I like the softness of the colors when they are randomly placed, as opposed to separating them. As you can see, I mostly alternated direction of the honey bun strips in the HSTs, but I wasn't a stickler about it. I think quilts are a lot more interesting if the blocks aren't completely uniform.
It turned out to be a nice lap sized quilt. I'm working on a pieced back, and I need to order the binding. I'm finding that Neptune fabrics are getting really scarce out there, so if you like them, gather the jelly rolls, etc. while ye may.

9 comments:

Kris said...

I love this! The design is perfect and I love how calm and sophisticated it feels!

Isa said...

It turned out fantastic, I really want to do this layout soon :-)

Suzanne said...

I love the layout! It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS QUILT! I just bought a Neptune Jelly Roll and didn't know what I was going to do with it (I just LURVE the fabric) and I think I have an idea now!

CitricSugar said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the layout - inspired!

DianeY said...

Totally cool-I love it!

beth said...

very pretty. Love these colors.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful - this would go perfectly in my house. I wish I had made something that amazing! :)

Ariane said...

I love it! The colors and block placements is really stunning.