Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Free Motion Quilting on Essex

 
There are few things as therapeutic and fun as free motion quilting on whole cloth. I've played with fmq on Essex linen before to create this set of placemats. The recipient requested another four, so I got to try out four new designs and pick out another four lovely Kona solids to bind the placemats.
I used 40 weight Aurifil for the quilting, and I'm really happy with the results. The texture of this fabric combined with quilting is irresistible. I only wish I had time to make more.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Really pretty! I love quilting on Essex too!

Karen said...

Wow! What an amazing way to let the quilting hold the spotlight--and your binding is just icing on the cake :)

Sherry said...

What a lovely idea. I wish I used placemats. :)

KaHolly said...

I don’t blame her for requesting four more!