Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Winter WIPs

Bone chilling cold has settled over the Midwest, leaving me starved for color and warmth indoors. I started this project as a way to use my favorite Anna Maria Horner scraps, but I soon realized I wanted a larger quilt than my scrap stash would allow. I pulled out the good stuff, and I'm resolving to cut it up. It's silly to leave it on the shelf. The riot of color and pattern is somewhat calmed by the alternating low volume prints, another stash category that needs thinning.
For a hand sewing project on the go, I'm creating something more austere. I've never worked with this English paper piecing shape before. I suppose it's really just an elongated hexagon. I'm not sure where this doodle is going yet, but not knowing is half the fun.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Such different from each other, but both wonderful projects! Have fun with both.

quiltfairy33 said...

It feels liberating and energizing to cut into "sacred" fabric - I really need to do that more often. I love your AMH triangles paired with low volume. It's going to be a beauty.