Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Rainbow Baby Quilt

 
What is it about a rainbow that is so soothing and energizing and happy all at once? Practically speaking, this quilt was born of my overflowing scrap bin of strips. Therapeutically, it is the product of a few happy hours of simple sewing.
This baby quilt is 42 x 49, and quilters will not be surprised to know that my scrap bin somehow looks just a full now as it did before I started. That proves scraps and scrap quilts are magic, right? I love revisiting so many favorite fabrics in my scrap bins.
 
I used white, Aurifil 2021 thread to free motion quilt swirls, paisleys and pebbles. I find this combination of designs compliment each other well, fit into each other's curves, and flow easily under my hands.
I've had the backing fabric for several years, and it makes me happy to find the perfect quilt in which to use it. Raindrops for a rainbow quilt. I think saturated backing prints really balance a super colorful top.
You can find this Rainbow Baby Quilt in my etsy shop.

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is a lovely Rainbow Quilt, perfect for a baby. I also enjoy making Rainbow Quilts, so pretty and so satisfying to make. Your photo settings are great, very "English". As an English person I was surprised to discover you ere American. The garden bench and lake settings could have been in the UK!

stitch quilt knit said...

Really love your quilt and quilting too. I'd love to do a rainbow quilt one day :))

Linda said...

Really beautiful!