Monday, November 24, 2014

By the Fireside, a project from Improvising Tradition

This quilted pillow is a project from my book, Improvising Tradition.  Log cabin blocks, made from strips, are a basic but incredibly versatile improv technique.  With this project, I not only show you how to create wonky log cabin blocks in two ways but also how to set them into a color blocked background with a fun slice and insert method.   
photo by Joe Hancock

With just a few variations, you can use this technique to create two more of my favorite projects from the book, which I will share soon.

2 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous - I love this!

Unknown said...

I received my copy of your book in the post today - I have to wait until Santa officially brings it - but I have had a peep! Congratulations! I am going to love it!