Saturday, March 29, 2014

Improv Quilted Pillow

Quilted pillows are such a nice way to explore new designs.  They are quick to make, a great use for scraps, and easy to quilt on your home machine.  The small size means you can try out a new idea, especially an improv one, without much commitment in the way of time or materials.  It is a maquette you can use on your couch!

 
I used shot cotton scraps in warm colors with black Essex linen for this oversize pillow cover.  It is 24 inches squares.  The back is a self lining envelope closure based on Amanda Jean's tutorial.
I created the wavy quilting with my walking foot and Aurifil 50 wt thread.
This quilted pillow cover is in my etsy shop now.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Love the quilting, will have to try that with the walking foot.

Turid said...

This pillow is beautiful. I've been looking for a pattern to use to renew my pillows, and I think this is it. Thank you so much.

Little Island Quilting said...

Fabulous. Love everything about it.

felicity said...

I really need to start making pillows! This is great!

Roney said...

I love quilted pillows, this design has grabbed my attention right away. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love this so much! I adore the bright colors with the gray. So awesome!

CitricSugar said...

It's only in catching up after a long internet absence that I realize how much I missed the inspiration I get from your work...

Thank you for being! :-)