While I was waiting for backing fabric for my atomic strips top to arrive, I noticed a fabric stack that has been sitting on my table for a while. I traded fabric with Andrea from guild for this old Amy Butler Midwest Modern floral. I have always loved it. Large scale florals aren't always easy to use for quilting though; I really didn't want to cut it up. So I set it aside with an aqua DS Quilts print and a Bespoken stripe to make a wholecloth quilt.
from House on Hill Road is great. A zipper closure for an overstuffed
pillow like this is a must. An envelope closure would have bulged open.
Project Linus as part of 100 Quilts for Kids,
a summer and early fall sewing event that encourages quilters to donate
quilts for children. One of the best parts - this year you can donate
your quilt locally, which makes it just that much easier to
participate. I'll add this post when the link up opens on July 1st. I
hope lots of you will join in!