Sunday, March 18, 2012

Take 2

Well I made a concerted effort to tone down my second attempt at an i pad cover to appeal to general audiences.  Thanks for all the love for version one; I'm pretty sure most of you are fabric nerds, like me!  And I'm not sure this is much "better" than the first in that regard. :)

But I gave it to my friend today, and she loved it.  Success!  I kept the adorable Ruby Star typewriter print and So Sophie dot.  I like the flap I created at the top and found yet another Hope Valley print that coordinates for the lining of the pocket and inside.  I used fusible fleece this time.  It worked really well.  Now that's done, I can get back to some quilt ideas I've had on my mind.

9 comments:

tusen said...

I love both versions, but then I'm probably a fabric nerd ;)

melissa said...

These turned out so lovely...and I love the colours of both too!

x

Marg said...

Love this one too!

Chancy said...

This one is cute too, but the other one did not need toning down. That is crazy talk! ;)

Krista Schneider said...

beautiful! the new/improved flap is a win, for sure.

Josée Carrier said...

I love your ipad cover. The Melody Miller's typewriter print is a really nice fit I think. I would imagine doing one like this for my sister. She would LOVE it.

Marta S. said...

This is awesome. Fabric nerds unite!

Amanda Jean said...

it's beautiful! nice fabric choices!

thanks for linking up to finish it up FRiday!

Nicole said...

Very cute and functional! I love your fabric choices!