My kaleidoscope quilt, made with blocks from my online quilting bee, is finished! I chose a few borders in Kona Ash as well as a narrow strip of a large scale print from Leanika. This was a bit of an experiment, but I like the movement this creates. The narrow piece only shows small parts of the large pattern at a time which creates an interesting effect, I think.
I used the same print for part of the backing, along with the herringbone from Modern Meadow. The binding is Kona Coal.
What I'm most excited about is the free motion quilting. I did that! No marking. It's far from perfect, but it is something I couldn't have done even six months ago. It's a great feeling to think I can envision a FM design and then make it happen myself.
You can read more about the process of making this quilt here and here.