Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Solid Finish

I finally finished my solid hexagon project. Yes, it is just pillow sized (20" square), and it still seemed to take quite a while. Hats off to those of you who are persevering through much larger hexie projects.I'm glad I decided to hand quilt it. I love how the embroidery floss highlights each hexagon. I finished the pillow with a quilt style binding in Kona coal.

The inspiration for this pillow was a lovely letter press card I saw on etsy by krankpress. It's funny how a quilt inspired card can become a card inspired quilt.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW!!! I love it!! Good job!

Sharon said...

Great hand quilting! I'm inspired.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Alex... it looks fantastic! Well done! I'm thinking of attempting a 1" hexie quilt. I might be 70 and still doing it... that gives me roughly 40 years!! ;)

**nicke... said...

your hand quilting is beautiful! i love it.

Marg said...

It's gorgeous. Love the colour combination and the hand quilting is perfect.

Melissa said...

It turned out beautiful! I love the colors and the design.

Mary Anne said...

Very nice! I also love how the colors match your logo! Can't wait to see what you make next!

Trisha said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors you picked and your hand quilting.

Alisa said...

I like it very much!

Shirley said...

Alex, this is awesome! I am so relieved to see it is a pillow . . . a beautiful pillow! I guess I better read your posts a little more closely. I thought I wasn't going to be seeing this finish for a l-o-n-g time. Glad I was wrong!

Anonymous said...

Love the colour choices, very nice. This one is inspiring me to give something similar a go!