I decided to add a couple of borders. They are certainly nothing innovative, but the solids aqua did allow me to show of a pieced border that might have been lost against the plus blocks. The borders also made my quilt closer the size I like for babies. It is 41" x 41" after being washed. Just right!
I got all cocky after free motion quilting my last quilt, so I decided to try another pattern on this one. I used the tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman to make this all over floral pattern. The flowers were really fun to do.
I used a Moda Bella solids aqua for the outer border and back. While I love my Konas, the Moda Bellas do have a lovely, soft hand that the Konas lack.