Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Begun - Neptune Quilt

I've been itching to start in on a new project with the Neptune honey bun I got a while ago. I love the blues and greens in the line, although I'm not crazyabout the coral prints. It picked my favorites to make these blocks. Not enough variety for a rail fence, so I'm going to try pieced HST (half square triangles) perhaps in a zigzag, perhaps in a barn raising pattern. Too bad honey buns are so small. If I love it, I may need to get another one so that my quilt can be larger than baby size.A new project always brightens my day, which I need here with two small boys stuck inside because of over a foot of snow outside and sub zero temps for the highs! Here's to pretty fabric and a new project to work on.

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

I'm loving your fabrics! Can't wait to see where this goes...

Shay said...

I am usually not a fan of blues and greens myself but lately I'm starting to see so much possibility with them for my own quilting.

Your fabrics are beautful.

By the way I stole your recent mini quilt idea and made one of my own. Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa H said...

What size blocks are those? Im gonna guess 6.5 inch?