Friday, December 11, 2009

Toddler Stay-On Scarf

I saw something like this on Sew Mama Sew a while ago, but no pattern or tutorial was offered. I had the idea in the middle of the night (why does that happen anyway?) to make one using charm squares. This went together so quickly! I just cut the charms in half (I only used nine) and sewed them together in a long line. Sandwiched with batting and a soft white flannel, I had a cute scarf to quilt. I just used straightline quilting and sewed a loop onto the front of one end. This makes a great closure for toddlers, as it keeps the scarf snug but not tight and best of all - it stays on!I don't have any little toddler girls to give this to, but if you do, it's available in my etsy shop.


Edited to add: Someone on the SewMamaSew forums asked for more explanation of how to make this, so I thought I'd link what I wrote there in case anyone is interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this scarf...perfect (and practical) for little ones.